by Janet Ritz
Cross-posted on The Huffington Post
Given chocolate's status as a conflict substance, that ethical (and tasty!) chocolate is readily available. Why is this important? With Fair Trade chocolate:
- Forced and abusive child labor practices are prohibited
- Farming families earn a price that is adequate to meet their basic human needs
- Environmentally sustainable production methods are required
Where to buy Fair Trade chocolate and other Fair Trade goods?
- List of Fair Trade and Organic Chocolate
- Fair Trade Chocolate (Global Exchange)
- Fair Trade Certified
- Fair Trade Labeling Organization International
- Fair Trade Federation
- Fair Trade Resource Network (Fair trade flowers)
- Fair Trade Foundation, London
For more information on healthy foods, see: Do we need another Jungle?